Sunday, April 15, 2012

I Don't Want To Come Home

Tonight's our last night in Kyoto. Tomorrow we catch the bullet train back to Tokyo to spend the night and fly back to the States on Tuesday morning.

I really, seriously do not want to leave Japan yet; I've gotten pretty comfortable here. Comfortable enough to the point that when I zone out on a JR train, I think for a split-second that I'm on an NYC #7 train leaving Flushing Main St station (Chinatown). As soon as I hear the nasal conductor voice say "Mamonaku eki wa, Kyoto desu" I snap out of it.


Please don't make me come home. I could make a really good salaryman. Or a store clerk, I'm good at shouting "Irasshaimase dozo" and other gibberish.

Then again, Japan makes me feel poor and unfashionable. Maybe I've been here too long, my bank account can only take so much blood-letting.

No comments:

Post a Comment